As renewable resources become the standard for energy consumption, astute homeowners are flocking to solar technology to minimise their electricity bills and carbon footprint. While solar panels have advanced significantly over the past decade, one thing that hasn’t changed is their need for a solid and sturdy roof. If your roof is old, damaged, or in disrepair, it’s essential to seek professional advice. This blog post will discuss the ins and outs of roof restoration and outline our top three reasons for investing in roof restoration before installing solar panels. If you’re considering a solar installation in Adelaide, be sure to read on!
What is roof restoration?
Roof restorations are an essential yet often overlooked home maintenance service. Roof restoration repairs and seals any damage to your roof, creating a solid foundation for solar mounting and increasing the longevity of your solar panels.
High-quality roof restoration should include:
- A thorough roof cleaning that reveals damaged tiles and removes dirt, debris, and moss.
- The replacement or repair of any broken or damaged tiles.
- Roof repointing to repair and seal any cracks in your roof.
- The application of a roof priming layer that seals the roof’s tiles and strengthens your roof.
- A fresh coat of vibrant colour that not only looks incredible but can help reflect the heat of the sun.
Why get a roof restoration before installing solar panels?
A roof restoration is a wise investment for any homeowner planning solar panel installation. There are several reasons you should invest in roof restoration before installing solar panels. Here are the top three:
1: To ensure the longevity of your solar panels
Solar panels are built to withstand years of exposure to the sun. However, they can be compromised if your roof is in poor condition. Over time, exposure to the elements can take its toll, causing your roof to deteriorate and become increasingly unstable. By getting a roof restoration before installing solar panels, you can guarantee your panels a solid and long-lasting foundation that is more likely to match their lifespan.
2: To maximise energy efficiency
One of the best ways to ensure that your solar panels are as effective as possible is to have them installed on a roof that has been treated with heat-reflective coatings. These coatings reflect heat away from your home, keeping it cooler in summer and ensuring that your solar panels work at peak efficiency. A roof restoration can also help insulate your home by repairing cracks and gaps in your roof, further reducing your energy consumption.
3: To save money in the long run
Performing a roof restoration before installing solar panels can help you save money in the long run. If your roof is in poor condition, you’ll likely need to replace it sooner rather than later. Preemptive roof restoration eliminates the cost of removing and reinstalling your solar panels while the roof is being restored.
Finding a reputable roof restoration company
If you’re ready to invest in a roof restoration, it’s essential that you contact a reputable roofing company to discuss your options. An experienced roofing contractor will be able to assess your individual needs and recommend the best course of action for your home. When looking for a roofing company, be sure to investigate the following:
- Licence and insurance: All roofing companies should be fully licensed and insured to protect you if something goes wrong during the roof restoration process.
- Accreditations: The roofing company you choose should be an accredited applicator of a well-established and proven roofing product, such as Dulux Acratex. This will ensure that your roof restoration is carried out to the highest standard and that you benefit from industry-leading warranties
- Warranties: The roofing company should offer comprehensive warranties on both their workmanship and the products they use.
- Reviews and testimonials: Thoroughly investigate reviews and testimonials from the company’s past clients. This will give you a better overview of their customer service and the quality of their work.
That’s a Wrap!
There you have it – the top three reasons to get a roof restoration before installing solar panels. Additionally, by having a professional roof restoration service before solar panels are installed, you will be able to capitalise on the benefits of solar panels for your home. This includes improving the longevity of your solar panels, and saving money in the long run.
So, if you’re thinking about installing solar panels, be sure to get in touch with EJM Electrical or a professional roofing company today! They will be able to advise you on the best course of action for your home.CONTACT US